The New Windows 11 OS has very strong inbuilt feature to Encrypt files and folders and protect data. A user friendly built app in Windows 11 OS has feature to protect files and folders is to Easy File locker app inbuilt in Windows 11 OS.
- Right click on File or folder, you need to protect data
- Click properties
- Click on Advanced
- Select Encrypt content to protect data
- Click apply
- When you apply for encryption for first time, write down or make a backup copy of encryption key, safeguard the information, which you will need the keys for viewing the encrypted files and folders.
How to Encrypt files and folders and protect data using File Explorer
This Method is very fast and efficient encrypt files and folders and protect data only available in Windows 11 OS personal computer.
- Open File explorer or use keyboard shortcut key Windows logo key + E
- Right click on the files or folders, which need to be protected.
- Select Properties
- Click Advanced > Advanced Attributes menu for the file or folder.
- Choose settings Compress or Encrypt attributes, click the Encrypt content to protect data check box.
- click OK
The above features does not comes in Windows10, With Windows 11 OS has new features developed for data protections and more security features implemented.
Find More Inside Geekyhowto.com